The connection between the Palace of Anadia in Mangualde and the agricultural world dates back to at least the 18th century, when there were already fruit, livestock, wine and olives explorations on family’s estate and land. In 1750, wine transformation took place at the actual Palace, in the ancient, original, stone mills that can still be found today in the old cellar. In the 17th and 18th centuries, the Casa Anadia Palace and the Paes do Amaral noblemen, took on an important role both in administrative and farming terms, in the Beiras region. Today the Mangualde Palace, in addition to a small olive grove cultivation, is totally dedicated to the vines that occupy an area of 10ha, that include old vines. The varieties used at the estate to produce the wines of PDO quality, are Touriga Nacional, Jaen and Alfrocheiro, typical of the Dão region. The current Counts of Anadia keep up their ancestors’ tradition of the production of high quality wines in the region.